Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops
Also available in 5 ml size
Opticom Allergy Eye Drops are for the relief and treatment of allergic red, watery, itchy and puffy eyes caused by hayfever, house mites and other particles, e.g. pet hairs.
Drug Interaction Precautions :
You must be sure that your irritated eyes are the result of allergy or have been previously diagnosed by your doctor to suffer from allergy.
You can be confident that you have allergic eyes if :
* both eyes are affected
* you have a runny or blocked nose as well
* your eyesight is not affected
But if you have :
* no nose symptoms
* only one eye is affected
* your sight is affected
You cannot be sure that you are suffering from allergic eyes and should go and see your doctor before you use these drops.
There is many years experience of the use of Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops in children. If you have any questions concerning their use in a child or as to whether the child has allergic eyes you should seek advice from your Doctor or Pharmacist.
* Do not use these drops if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients listed.
* As with all medicines, you should consult your doctor before using this product if you are, or think you may be, pregnant, or you are breastfeeding.
* As with all products containing benzalkonium chloride, soft contact lenses should not be worn whilst using this product.
* Like all eye drops a temporary blurring of vision can occur after application, wait until your vision is clear before driving or using machines.
* Do not fuse Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops within 2 hours of applying any other eye drops or ointment.
Do not use the eye drops after the expiry date. This is marked on the bottle and on the carton after the letters 'EXP'
Do not keep the drops for more than four weeks after opening for the first time
Store the bottle below 30 C, out of direct sunlight
Avoid contamination of the contents by replacing the cap securely after use
Use 1 to 2 drops in each eye four times a day. Mealtimes can help you remember, so apply the drops at breakfast-time, lunchtime, teatime and before you go to bed.
1. Wash your hands
2. Use a mirror, this will help you to see what you are doing
3. Carefully dry your eyes using a tissue and unscrew the cap from the bottle
4. Pull your lower eyelid down gently, and then carefully place 1 or 2 drops inside your lower eyelid.
5. Close your eye and blink a few times to make sure your eye is covered by the liquid
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other eye, then recap the bottle securely.
* If your eyes get worse or are no better after 2 days of using the eye drops, see your doctor or pharmacist.
* If you suffer from allergic eyes for more than three months of the year, see your doctor even if Opticrom Allergy eye drops soothe your eyes. You should not use this product continuously for more than three months without talking to your doctor first.
* If you forget to use a dose of Opticrom Allergy eye drops, take one as soon as you remember and then go on as before.
10 ml eye drops (approximately 250 drops) containing sodium cromoglycate BP 2.0% w/v (active ingredient).
Also contains benzalkonium chloride, disodium edetate, purified water.
The active ingredient, sodium cromoglycate, belongs to a class of medicines known as anti-inflammatory/anti-allergy agents.