Niquitin CQ Patches Step 3 - 7mg 7 Patches
NiQuitin CQ 7 mg Pack
Stop Smoking Plan - Step 3
Contains 7 Patches x 1 Week Kit
NiQuitin CQ is part of a programme designed to support your wish to stop smoking. The programme contains 3 steps which you will need to follow, starting with Step 1, then Step 2, then Step 3.
Each Step has its own strength of NiQuitin CQ patch; the patches are designed to supply your body with the correct amount of nicotine, which decreases as you go from Step 1 to Step 3.
How to use :
Apply one patch to the skin once a day, preferably on waking. Full instructions are given in the product leaflet.
Step 1 - Initial treatment - 6 weeks
Step 2 - Step down treatment period - 2 weeks*
Step 3 - Step down treatment period - 2 weeks
* Light smokers (10 cigarettes a day or less) should start with Step 2 (14mg) for 6 weeks and then Step 3 (7mg) for 2 weeks.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION :
Revisions to the carton and Patient Information Leaflet have had to be made. NiQuitin CQ patches are now contraindicated in patients with recent myocardial infarction, unstable or worsening angina pectoris, Prinzmetal's angina, severe cardiac arrythmias, or recent cerebrovascular accident. A recommendation for adolescents (ages 12-17) who want to use the patches, to seek advice from a doctor has also been added. Tacrine and clomipramine have been added to the list of drugs that may require a decrease in dose at cessation of smoking. Finally, more detailed guidance for pregnant and breast feeding women, and for women trying to become pregnant, has been provided in the Patient Information Leaflet.
For professional advice on medicines, consult your pharmacist.
Do not use :
* If you are a non-smoker or an occasional smoker
* With other nicotine-containing patches or gum
* NiQuitin CQ is not for use on children
* Before using this medicine, if you are under the care of your doctor or are receiving prescribed medicine.
* Before using this medicine, if you are pregnant, or breast-feeding, or trying to become pregnant.
* If you get a persistent skin reaction, remove the patch and see your doctor
Store below 30
|ingredients||Each patch contains 36mg nicotine and delivers 7mg nicotine in 24 hours.|
|Is Prescription Drug||No|