- Work fast on travel sickness - Melt in the mouth tablets
The tablets are for the fast and effective prevention and control of travel sickness. Hyoscine acts on the balance organs of inner ear and the nerves responsible for nausea. Because Kwells melt in the mouth, absorption in the bloodstream is very rapid. Kwells can be taken up to 20 - 30 minutes before travelling or even at the onset of sickness.
Drug Interaction Precautions :
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding or are on prescribed medication. - If you have heart trouble you should consult your doctor before taking Kwells.
After children have been given Kwells they should not be left unattended.
Undesirable effects are infrequent but you may experience drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision or difficulty passing water. If you experience any other undesirable effect, report it to your doctor or pharmacist.
You should not take Kwells if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients. - You have Glaucoma, are taking drugs such as tranquillisers or antidepressants. - You are pregnant.
If you accidentally take too much medicine you should consult your doctor or go to the nearest hospital casualty department.
Do not give to children under the age of 10 years old.
Keep at room temperature.
The date after which the tablets should not be used is printed on the pack after "Expires End"
Keep out of reach of children
Some Helpful Information on Travel Sickness
What is Travel Sickness?
Travel sickness happens when the brain receives mixed messages. Visual messages from the eyes inform the brain that the immediate surroundings are stationary, but a delicate balancing organ in the ear tells the brain that you are moving. This conflicting information triggers the nausea we associate with travel sickness. Try to avoid this conflict by focusing on the scenery outside, rather than inside the car or coach.
What else can you do to avoid travel sickness
* Never read. Sit with the head tilted back to stabilise the balancing mechanism in the ear.
* Ensure the vehicle you are in is well ventilated. Avoid strong smelling food, smoke, perfume, or petrol fumes.
* Have a bite to eat before the journey to help keep the stomach settled, but avoid greasy food.
* If you travel by car take regular breaks for exercise, fresh air and refreshments. Try to give passengers a clear view of the window.
* In an aeroplane you can ease the pressure on your ears by sucking a boiled sweet during take off and landing.
* On a boat gaze at the horizon - Do not watch the waves. Keep in the fresh air and shade.
* Never talk about travel sickness, as the mere thought of it can trigger an attack.
* Always sit where there is least motion. Avoid anywhere near the wheels of a coach or in the front of a boat.
Each tablet contains: Hyoscine Hydrobromide 300 Microgrammes