CERUMOL EAR DROPS For the loosening and removal of ear wax.CERUMOL EAR DROPS will help the removal of wax from the ears. When deafness or pain in the ear is caused by blockage with wax. The use of the ear drops may avoid the need of syringing, or make syringing easier.Make sure you know how to use the ear drops. These ear drops are only to be used in the ear canal! The ear drops may cause a tingling feeling in the ear.When the drops are first put in the ear it is normal to feel a warm tingling sensation. Adding the drops to the wax may, for a short while, increase deafness. Do not use the drops if the ear drum is perforated, or if the ear canal is sore or inflammed (from eczema/Otitis)If you are pregnant or breast feeding, no evidence has been reported that any harm would arise while using these ear drops. Absorption of any of the consituents is very limited.Sensitivity to CERUMOL or oil of turpenteine is extremely rare.Warning:If accidentally taken by mouth the chlorobutanol in the whole bottle might cause a child to be very sleepy. Consult the doctor immediately if this happens. The ear is a delicate organ. You are advised to consult your doctor in all cases of ear disorder before using any ear drops. Use within 6 months of opening.
- Wash your hands
- Prepare a small pad of cotton wool, the size of your thumb nail.
- Lie or sit down, then tilt the head to bring the ear uppermost, use the dropper to put five drops into the ear canal
(DO NOT PUSH THE DROPPER INTO THE EAR).
- Moisten the small pad of cotton wool with CERUMOL.
- Place the cotton wool pad over the hole in the ear (this helps to keep the liquid in the ear canal).Do not push the cotton wool too far into the ear canal. Remove the pad after one hour or next morning.
- Do this all again twice a day for three days.
DO NOT USE FOR MORE THAN THREE DAYS.
By the fourth day the loosened wax should come out on its own. If not, and a plug of wax is still in the ear then see your doctor, if syringing needs to be done, the drops will have made it easier.
Active constituents per 100 ml:
Chlorobutanol BP 5g
Arachis oil BP (peanut oil) 57g
Other ingredients are:
Oil of turpentine, 3-methoxybutyl acetate (butoxyl) and Orthodichlorobenzene.