Canesten AF Athlete's Foot Cream - Clinically Proven to Treat Athlete's FootCanesten AF Cream contains a powerful antifungal ingredient to treat athlete's foot.Warning:If you are still worried or have any questions about the symptoms or the treatment of athlete's foot, do not hesitate to ask your pharmacist for advice.The cream is for external use only and should not be put in the mouth or swallowed accidentally, seek medical advice immediately.If you forget to apply the cream, do so as soon as possible and then continue the rest of your treatment as usual.The symptoms of athlete's foot such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although redness and scaling may take longer to disappear.Canesten AF Cream may cause side-effects in some people. You may experience a mild burning or irritation immediately after applying the cream. If you find this intolerable, stop treatment and seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist.If, upon first use of the cream, you experience a rash and itching, tell your doctor immediately as you may be allergic to this product.If your symptoms get worse or persist, or you feel you are reacting badly to this medicine in any other way, consult your doctor.How should I store my Canesten AF Cream?The cream should be stored in the original carton in a cool, dry place, below 25ºC.Keep out of the reach of children.Do not use the cream after the expiry date which is printed at one end of the carton and on the end of the tube. If you find that you still have this medicine after its expiry date, return it to your local pharmacist who will dispose of it properly.REMEMBER:If you have any doubts about using Canesten AF Cream correctly, seek the advice of your pharmacist.
* Wash your feet and dry them thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the cream.
* Smooth the cream over the affected area and rub in gently making sure that you massage cream between the toes.
* The cream should be applied two or three times daily and treatment should be continued for at least one month to prevent re-infection
* It may help if you use an anti-fungal dusting powder as well. Ask your pharmacist to recommend one.
You can help the treatment to work and prevent further athlete's foot infections if you follow these simple self-help tips:
* Wash your socks, stockings or tights thoroughly in hot water to remove any shed or fungal spores.
* Wash your feet every day in warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly, especially between the toes but avoid excessive rubbing.
* Although your feet and toes will itch, do not scratch them. Scratching will damage the surface of the skin and cause the infections to spread further.
* Never share towels or bath mats.
* Change your socks, stockings or tights every day.
The cream contains 1.0% of the active ingredient Clotrimazole BP.
Canesten Dual Action 1% w/w Cream 15g also contains Benzyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Esters Wax, Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, 2-Octyldodecanol and Purified Water.
The cream comes in a tube containing 15g.
Clotrimazole is one of a group of medicines called imidazoles which are used to treat fungal infections.