About your treatment
This tube contains 5g of the gel. The ingredients work together to break down and remove verrucas, warts, corns and calluses.
The doctor or pharmacist has recommended this treatment because you have a wart, a verruca (the term commonly used for a wart on the sole of the foot), a corn or a callus.
Warts and Verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a particular virus. The virus is highly infectious and warts and verrucas may grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot, and are recognised by their tenderness and the interruption of the footprint pattern. Bazuka extra strength gel softens the skin growth, thus assisting removal of the excessive skin with an emery board or pumice stone. Bazuka extra strength gel also helps to kill the virus within the wart or verruca.
Corns and Calluses
Are hard, thick pads of skin caused by pressure and friction - usually on the feet due to poorly fitting shoes, or on the hands. The softening action of Bazuka extra strength gel is helpful in the mechanical removal of this skin, again with the aid of an emery board or pumice stone.
When not to apply Bazuka extra strength gel
- Do not use anywhere on or near your face, neck, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital (sex) regions.
- Do not use on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots. If in doubt as to whether you have a verruca, wart, corn or callus, consult your doctor before treatment.
- Do not use if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet.
- Do not use if you are sensitive to any of its ingredients
- Do not use on broken skin.
For your safety
- This gel is for application to the skin only. Keep it away from your eyes, nose and mouth, and from cuts and grazes.
- Take care not to apply any of the gel to surrounding normal skin, especially in the case of children's delicate skin. If accidental spreading occurs, immediately remove any surplus gel with a tissue.
- If the gel is accidentally swallowed, or if it gets into the eyes, contact a doctor or a hospital straight away.
- Avoid inhaling the vapour from this product as it can be harmful.
- Do not get Bazuka extra strength gel on your clothes, jewellery, fabrics or furniture as it may damage them.
- Do not apply Bazuka extra strength gel in proximity to open flames or near burning cigarettes.
During your treatment
While Bazuka extra strength gel is working, you may feel a tingling sensation and/or some mild tenderness. This is normal and only temporary. If you feel undue pain or experience irritation, stop the treatment and ask your doctor for advice. If you accidentally apply Bazuka extra strength gel to normal skin, wipe it off straight away with a tissue, and if necessary, wash the area. There should be no other ill-effects when using Bazuka extra strength gel, but if you are in any doubt about your treatment you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store Bazuka extra strength gel
Bazuka extra strength gel is highly flammable. Store it at room temperature (not exceeding 25c), well away from flames, and where children cannot see or reach it. Always replace the protective yellow cap when the gel is not being used. This product should not be used after the expiry date shown on the fold of the tube.
Before initial use, it will be necessary to pierce the membrane seal in the neck of the tube. To do this, you should find a suitable surface, in case of accidental spillage. Hold the tube upright, with the cap uppermost and the base resting on a suitable firm surface. Unscrew and remove the combined white and yellow nozzle/cap assembly from the tube. Remove the red collar and throw it away. Keep the tube upright for 30 seconds. Then, without squeezing or over gripping the tube, and with it still held upright and well away from your face:
- replace the combined white and yellow nozzle/cap assembly onto the screw thread of the tube (taking care to avoid 'cross threading') and tighten the assembly firmly pierce the membrane;
- briefly loosen the yellow cap (to release any slight pressure in the tube) and then retighten.
(Please note that, once in place, a small gap will remain between the base of the nozzle/gap and the top of the tube).
You should apply Bazuka extra strength gel to your verruca, wart, corn or callus, once every day, usually in the evening. Repeat the following daily treatment routine until your verruca, wart, corn or callus has disappeared.
1. Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Dry the area thoroughly with your own towel (to avoid cross-infection).
3. Remove the protective yellow cap, leaving the white nozzle attached to the tube. Carefully apply a thin coating of the gel (one or two drops) to the top of the verruca, wart, corn or callus, and allow it to dry for a few minutes to form a small white patch which sticks to the skin and is water-resistant. There is no need to cover it with a sticking plaster. Take care to avoid the gel spreading onto surrounding skin, as this may cause inflammation. Do not apply the gel excessively. Always replace the cap after use. Do not fold the tube during use.
4. Every evening for the next week, carefully peel or prick off the white patch of dried gel from the verruca, wart, corn or callus. Apply fresh gel by repeating steps 1 to 3. Occassionally, if removal of the white patch proves difficult, carefully re-apply the gel directly over it and allow to dry. This should help thicken the white patch to assist removal. If necessary, such re-application may be made on 2 or 3 successive days.
5. Once every week, before applying fresh gel, gently rub the verruca, wart, corn or callus with the emery board provided, or with a pumice stone. Whatever you use, in the case of a verruca or wart, remember do not let anyone else use it, or they could get a verruca or wart as well.
6. The length of the treatment will vary according to the resistance and size of the verruca, wart, corn or callus. Some may be resolved in a relatively short time but successful treatment of certain verrucas and warts can take several weeks, so you must conitnue and not give up until the verruca, wart, corn and callus has disappeared (unless irritation occurs).
7. At the end of treatment, if the white patch is difficult to remove, it may be allowed to remain on the skin until it sheds.